Are you tapping into your local market?
Online marketing isn’t just about communicating with the rest of the world; it’s also an invaluable tool in reaching out to your local market. Despite local custom being vital to SMEs, research last month found that three out of four small businesses are missing out on local business opportunities by failing to get the most out of being online.
The commissioning researcher warned that SMEs failing to promote their firm online were putting themselves at a serious disadvantage to the 25 per cent that do. And it’s not just about reaching new customers, it’s a handy resource for networking, establishing new business relationships, meeting new suppliers and supporting other businesses. Here are some ways to make sure you’re using the internet to its full potential this festive season:
- Send Christmas e-greetings to your customer base thanking them for their custom and wishing them a Happy Christmas
- Consider selling your products or services via an online shop for consumers who are unable to visit your office or store
- Promote special festive deals and discounts exclusively on Facebook or Twitter to drum up followers and business
- Start a weekly, monthly or quarterly newsletter to inform customers about new products and related news. It should be timely and up-to-date
- Update your website to include Christmas and New Year opening hours as well as offers